Propane can be an inexpensive option for many businesses and homeowners in bucks county when it comes to propane heating of a home, a propane generator, a propane heater for your water and other uses. Whether you’re looking for residential propane or for business use, there are many variables that go into picking a good supplier. A big consideration is whether to go with a local business or a national company.
Generally speaking, you will find it worthwhile to go with a local company. Many people like the idea of supporting local businesses as far as going to farmers markets to purchase produce and this can apply to other types of products as well. Let’s look at some benefits of going local when it comes to choosing a new propane supplier.
Receive Better Customer Service
- A small business in your area knows that they go out of business if they don’t serve their local market well. This means they’ll be far more likely than a national company to go out of their way to provide top-notch customer service.
- A national propane company knows they have a large base of customers to keep them afloat financially. They are not as motivated to please customers in your particular locality as the guy down the street from you. When you have a problem or question, you have a much higher chance of quickly reaching a person who can handle it for you in your local market.
Frequently Get a Better Price
- National propane dealers may sometimes seem to offer the lowest price, but potential customers should look more closely. There may be hidden fees that will jack up that very attractive looking price. Before you know it, they may come out as being more expensive than a local provider but without the aforementioned customer service advantages.
Support Your Local Community
- As with the farmers market example, buying propane locally helps support your local community. It helps a business that is employing people who may be your neighbors. Any state or county taxes that business is paying will positively affect your local roads, schools and other public infrastructure.
How to Choose a Propane Company
Once you’ve decided on local propane dealers, that still doesn’t tell you which one to go with. There are some important tips to help with selecting a propane company in your area that will provide the level of quality and service that you desire.
Read Customer Reviews
- Before going out to a restaurant or to see a movie, many people read opinions of it on review and rating websites. Choosing a new propane company is more important than risking a bad meal or wasting a couple hours in front of a bad movie, so definitely do your research beforehand.
- You can check their company websites for ratings, but they control their website, so you also want to check third-party websites for reviews. Do other people say that deliveries are timely and that any issues were handled promptly?
Compare Options and Pricing Plans Between Companies
- What you need from a propane company may differ depending on whether you are a home owner who is simply looking to heat your pool or a business that has a large warehouse to heat. Find out about storage tank installation fees, early termination fees and whether there are any monthly minimum purchases required and if these minimums are overkill for your needs. Ensure that the company you choose has what you need and has it at a price that is within your budget.
Find Out Which Ones Offer Delivery Plans That Meet Your Needs
- Different companies will have different delivery options for propane refill. Common options are to have the choices of “automatic delivery” or “as needed deliveries.” The first one regularly schedules trips to refill your propane tanks while the second one leaves it to you to monitor your usage, and call when you need more. Ensure they have service hours that meet your needs.
Go Local and Choose Smart
Following the above advice should smooth the process of choosing among local propane dealers in Bucks County. One local dealer that meets all of the above criteria is East Coast Propane. They have been providing excellent propane service in this area for over 10 years, and you should contact them to see what they can do for you. Their residential, commercial and automotive propane services have a wide variety of tank sizes available, so whatever your needs, they’ve got you covered.